Thursday, November 24, 2011



I've been on dozens of low carb diets but failed at them all because I couldn't manage the cravings. I'm not finding that to be a problem so far. In fact, yesterday I was out of town on business and I wasn't in a place where I could eat my home made lunch, so I went to a restaurant and ordered a scrumptious salad of mixed greens, shrimp, feta, and some vegetables with a nice balsamic dressing. The potential trigger for me was that it arrived with some delightful looking pita bread!! Well folks, pita to me is a prime drug/substance of choice. The pleasure center of my brain sees a nice fluffy, fresh from the oven pita and it starts doing the neuronal happy dance.I didn't even have time to ask the server to take it away because she disappeared too quickly. To cut to the point - I not only didn't eat it, I didn't even struggle with not eating it. And, I didn't finish my salad because I got full and lost my appetite. Very different experience for me!!!! 




I've found some wheatless tasty things too - I'm not a big treat eater - although many not believe that when they look at me, but truly, I'm not. However, with Christmas coming up I wanted to have some wheatless cookies or bars to eat on the type of occasion when that sort of social thing is happening and I don't have lots of baking time, so I looked harder in my local grocery store and was pleased to find some commercially made cookies and bars that are wheatless and fit the bill. Apple Breakfast BarsGLUTINO_PRETZEL_CHOCOLATE

I've also had to do some thinking about if I'm going to determine the success and suitability of the Wheat Belly plan by weight loss or inches lost, or how I feel, or .......? I haven't fully decided but I have decided that pounds lost isn't going to the issue. I know I feel better, and I know I can't be harmed by eating more vegetables and less wheat based carbs, so for now, I'll just keep on with the plan and consider weight loss later.

So, have your best day possible and I hope your food plan is working for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment