Monday, December 19, 2011

Ramblings, sagging, and other things...

Here's a nice product for those who don't want to give up bread. You can buy it at this link



So, as I read more and more about weight loss from low carbs or wheatfree, I have come to accept that when one is obese, as I am, then when the weight is gone, the skin is left so saggy that it requires surgery to get rid of the excess - otherwise it droops and sags and my abdominal skin will be left dragging on the ground. I guess my legs will have skin hanging around the ankles like old nylons that have fallen to the ground.

Oh my, that just isn't encouraging. Should I, perhaps, be heartened that I'm no longer losing any weight? As I mentioned before, I was seeing some concavity to my cheeks, but that stopped and nothing else has happened. I do feel better, I sleep better, I eat much less, but the weight remains stable. I am convinced of my wheat allergy due to the increased energy and other aforementioned benefits, so I'll stick with it.

Still, it seems more than a tad unfair that I have to look totally ugly in my obesity, and then I will still have to look totally ugly when I lose weight yet have to tote my excess skin around in a wheelbarrow. I know there are surgeries available, but do I want that? And then, I have to ask myself why, oh why, am I even worried about this when nothing is coming off anyway? 

Truly, I often feel incredible guilt and even horror that I fight obesity when so many in the world are starving. Well, I can't help them all, but I can at least have some self respect and attend to my own body in a way that is healthy. Another day, another set of wheat free meals, more joy.

Have your best day possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment