Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My goodness!....Can it be? Can it really be???? Yes indeed, it seems that I am getting hooked on exercise. I've  been hooked on so many things that aren't the least bit good for me so I never expected to find myself looking forward to an early alarm to get me to Curves (nope, I'm not an affiliate marketer for Curves - I'm a regular member with no payback for this). Indeed, I didn't get to the gym one day and I was crabby and irritable. I'm sleeping better, I even have a sleep schedule now. I'm remembering my vitamins every day -which are important for me since I can't absorb  iron well and I'm diabetic. I have more energy every day, I'm even n better emotional health.

Will it last? I think that's my fear, and maybe something that's you've experienced as well. There's that initial high to every lifestyle change but then it becomes something else and one day I realize I'm back at my same old same old. Maybe not this time. I feel like I'm fighting for my life because if I don't get the weight off I'll likely die or worse, become totally disabled due to a stroke. That should always have been enough to get me off my butt,  still I found excuses (good ones) to avoid daily exercise.

What got me going this time? Well, I credit it to my almost wheatless diet. Everything seems to have changed for me since I started with this. So, maybe that will be the difference that let's me stay on exercise routine this time. Here's hoping.

And here's a tasty wheatless recipe you might enjoy.





Black Bean Vegetable Stew
Prep: 5 min, Cook: 15 min.



  • 1 Tbs. coconut oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 3/4 lb. broccoli florets
  • 1 cup recipe-ready crushed tomatoes
  • 1-1/2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 Tbs. rosemary, or 3 Tbs. fresh, chopped
  • 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
  • sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese
  • sprinkle of chopped green onions
  • sprinkle of chopped tomatoes
Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion 5-6 minutes or until translucent. Stir in broccoli, tomato and black beans. Season with rosemary, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.  Sprinkle chopped green onions, chopped tomoato and shredded cheddar cheese on top. Serve this with some fruit such as canteloupe and strawberries and enjoy a cup of green tea with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment