Thursday, January 5, 2012

Okay, it takes more than determination to keep exercising - last night I was unable to go for a walk again because I spent the evening cleaning up the flooded basement that resulted from the gale force rain storm that prevented my walk the night before. I mean really, by the time I finished hauling a sogging mattress out of my son's bedroom, and buying the equipment that I need to dry out the room, it was way too late for this aging mamma to go walkies.

The good part of this is that even though I'm not exercising much this week, there is nothing the storm can do to impact my eating and that is going okay. I'm finding more and more gluten free food items and becoming increasing reliant on vegetables and fruit. Nothing to feel bad about there.

I have an added inducement to remain wheat free - I think I'm going back to New York city at the end of April. Not for sure yet, but likely. I love New York. It's my favorite city in the world - and since I've traveled to 29 countries I feel free to comment. My second favorite is London, England if your at all interested. If I didn't have children to raise I would have moved to New York years ago - oh the sacrifices eh! Anyway, traipsing through airports and feeling oh so bad about having to ask for a lap belt extender is motivation enough to help me get back to exercising despite flooding basements and bad weather etc.

I feel strong and determined, and I'm sure that being wheat free is part of it all.

Hey, have your best day possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment